The procedure is detailed with pictures as usual. It’s been 2 years because I did my last ATF change; used Honda ATF Z-1 then, but because its discontinuation, i am upgrading to the Honda ATF DW-1. Please note that if friend still use ATF Z-1 for your Honda automatically transmission, you room most most likely buying a counterfeit product. After ~ the 1st ATF change on this model, ATF must be changed every 30,000miles or 2years (whichever come first).
You are watching: 2007 honda accord transmission fluid capacity
Before you commence this procedure you will need to heat up the transmission. I recommend driving about 10 miles. Warm ATF will far better remove any deposits or sludge. Likewise remember that on this model, ATF level is checked on a hot non-running vehicle.
A word of warning, particularly for those of united state in Nigeria; Honda automatically transmissions are rather selective that ATF’s so don’t go pouring ABRO, Seahorse etc. Under there. If friend do, you may be booking a infection job!
Materials: 3/8 square wrench (a 3/8th ratchet or breaker bar will certainly do), drain pan, Honda ATF DW-1 (for 4cyl models: 3quarts, gained 4 quarts simply to it is in safe, yet still ended up utilizing 3 anyway. Volume for V6 models is 3.1 quarts), support stands, funnel, and also hand protection.
1. ~ driving the vehicle to operation temperature, park on level ground and also jack increase the best front end and support on stand (never work-related under a car supported by a jack only. Jacks have the right to fail). Pop the hood, find the ATF emboldened stick and remove it. The dipstick have the right to be discovered to the left of the battery.
ATF dipstick, partly pulled out,
2. Underneath the vehicle, situate the ATF drainpipe bolt and remove using the 3/8th wrench. I required to affix an expansion bar to the wrench in order get enough leverage to break the seal top top the bolt.
3. Unscrew the bolt and permit the fluid to drainpipe into the drainpipe pan. Be afflicted with in mind that the liquid is hot and would come out v some force. So set the pan some inches native the drain hole and move closer together the flow slows come a trickle. My an approach for remove the bolt there is no it falling right into the drain pan is come unscrew and also at the very same time keep tension top top the bolt (tension is applied as if you space pushing the bolt right into its hole). This method when the bolt is fully unscrewed, that still plugs the hole and also you eliminate with one quick withdrawal sweep.
4. As soon as the ATF is drained, wipe the ATF drainpipe bolt v a clean rag, refit and torque to 49Nm.
5. Early stage Refill: Haynes hand-operated recommends you start your refill by pouring in 1/3rd the what girlfriend drained v the dipstick feet (However, i feel this is no practicable for 2 reasons: a. Your drain pan may not be calibrated. B. What if her tranny was overfilled ab initio?). My technique is to add a third of the recommended refill volume, in this situation 1 us quart (or one can). This friend will execute with the engine off.
6. Graded Refill: Start the vehicle and also commence the graded refill by adding half a pint that ATF every time and cycling the gear shifter through its positions (P-R-N-D etc) after each ½ pint. Luckily, one side of the Honda ATF DW-1 is graded and 1 pint is indicated! continue these repetitive measures till you space 1pint shy the 3 quarts i.e. Girlfriend have included 2.5 quarts to the tranny. Then examine the level of the ATF top top the dipstick after every graded refill cycle. Be afflicted with in mind the it will certainly take around ½ a pint to bring up the ATF indigenous the reduced to the upper mark on the dipstick in a warm engine. It’s far better to take it easy. Overfilling transmissions deserve to shorten their lifespan. Stop you refill when the ATF is near or in ~ the upper note (dot) ~ above the dipstick
7. My final step is to take it the automobile for a journey the following day and after around 10miles gauge and also top turn off if crucial (You have to be ~ above level ground). Mine tranny levelled turn off at the precise 3 quarts the owner’s hands-on stated.
See more: Why Is Sulfur A Good Conductor Of Electricity, Is Sulfur A Good Insulator
NB: If you have actually been utilizing a various ATF for her Honda transmission other than the recommended, you will must do a X3 drain and fill. Drive a few miles and also repeat measures 3-6 because that 3 times. The is likewise recommended if your drained ATF is really dark-black. The X3 drain flushes the speak converter that ATF. The speak converter will typically not it is in drained in an simple ATF change, however if you change your ATF regularly, this shouldn’t be a problem.